Monday, April 28, 2014

Thing 20: QR and AR


 This QR code reads a pageT from the book, Fido se viste.

This code takes you to my website.

 This code takes you to a screencast I used for a color game with kindergarten.

I have tried QR codes several times in my classroom. One way they have been successful is with books. I use books from Reading A to Z and copy them with QR codes on each page so students can scan them and here the text on each page. The only problem I've had with using these in the classroom is students sometimes can't here if a lot of other activities are going on at the same time. I've played QR tic-tac-toe during centers. Students answer a question and the QR code provides the answers. If students get the answer correct, they get to choose a square. I didn't have any issues with this game. The students really enjoyed it. I have also tried a QR scavenger hunt when I taught school vocabulary. Students scan the QR code to see a screencast that gives a clue where to find the next clue.

 Flash cardsColAR

Augmented reality seems like it would be engaging. It is definitely eye pleasing. The only way I'm finding to incorporate this into my classroom is as a translator. I'm hoping to find more engaging ways. I've put some questions out on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment