Sunday, April 20, 2014

Thing 14:Universal Design for Learning

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7lc0b717fy9srsi/Thing%2014.xpl



I would use Speech Selection with my lower elementary classes if I had them exploring a website. They would be able to highlight directions or information and have it read to them since many of them are still learning to read. For upper elementary classes, I would use this to help them experience so simple websites created in Spanish. They could hear and see the language with makes it easier to learn new vocabulary. I would use this as a multi-tasking tool myself. I could listen to a blog entry and work on lesson plans at the same time.


I have been using guided access with my students since last year. Since I went through most of the year without any student iPads, and even now with only having 3, I often let students use my teacher iPad. I use guided access to keep them from accessing emails, grade book, or any other personal apps. I have used it on the student iPads if I see someone is struggling to stay on task.

No comments:

Post a Comment