Thursday, April 24, 2014

Thing 18: Study Skills and Visual Thinking

Quizlet is a very popular app in foreign language classes. Many teachers use this app instead of sending home vocabulary lists or having students waste class time making flash cards. I have been posting vocabulary on my Weebly site, but I may start posting links to Quizlet instead since it would allow students to quiz themselves instead of needing someone to help. Quizlet could also be used as a vocabulary center. I would have to use it with older students since it requires reading.

Popplet was very easy to use. I think many of my upper elementary students would be able to use it. The first idea that came to mind was having students create a family tree when I teach family vocabulary next year. We could add to the mind map through the year. It would start with who is included in the family, then they can add more information about each person as we add to our vocabulary. If I taught high school, these maps could be used to map grammar concepts. It could show examples and rules of when to use different conjugations.

No comments:

Post a Comment