Sunday, April 13, 2014

Thing 12: Learning Managament

Edmodo


Schoology


I don't use any learning management tools like this in my class. Many of my students are too young or they still need a lot of guidance because of the short time we have together. I have used Edmodo in professional development opportunities. This was my first experience with Schoology. I prefer the layout of Schoology. I feel it is more organized and easier to find resources. With Edmodo, you have to scroll down a long list to find the post or assignment you need. Schoology has categories so your searching through fewer resources.

If I was able to use this with my students, I would post survey questions that use the vocabulary we are practicing. I think the students would feel,less pressure knowing there isn't one correct answer. I would also post listening practice. Students could listen to a song or movie clip and write their opinions or what they understood. By doing this independently, students could listen to the clip as many times as needed in order to understand and respond which isn't always possible in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment