Saturday, March 22, 2014

Thing 8: Comic and Book Creation


This was a very simple app to use. The only problem with using this with a foreign language is it doesn't let you add some punctuation marks and accents. To use this in the future, I would have to be careful with the vocabulary and symbols I need to use. Next year I plan to family vocab. I would love to have students make a comic about a family member showing what they do for a living and a simple description. I could do the same thing with an About Me assignment. I could also use theis to teach culture. Students can research a country and create a comic of someone visiting and giving a tour.

I love using the book creator app. I have created several lessons this year and it has been successful. Many children's books in Spanish are too advanced for my students so I create a simple book that uses the vocabulary we have practiced. The books usually accompany a game. This book is similar to the game Guess Who. I used it as a first grade center. Each page gives a clue about a character card's clothing and they had to decide which character the clues describe. I created two books during my school vocabulary unit in the beginning of the year. One helped practice words for places in the school. The book had pictures of the principal and students used the text and picture to figure out where he was in Spanish. The other book helped students practice verbs such as write, read, and play. Next year, I hope to have students create their own books telling us about their families.

No comments:

Post a Comment