Sunday, March 16, 2014

Thing 5: Presentations


http://prezi.com/cc1oof60hrqr/?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=copy&rc=ex0share


I created my Prezi on the website because I wanted more options. The presentation goes along with a TPRS lesson. TPRS is a way of teaching a foreign language through storytelling. The slides are my visual aids to help the students understand new language. I normally use PowerPoint to create visual aids. I like Prezi because presentations do look more creative, but sometimes PowerPoint saves me more time because I am able to duplicate slides or copy and paste images.


Other than TPRS, I can use Prezi to introduce vocabulary or during games. I often post questions on the board during games so the whole class can see. Prezi can be used to organize my exit ticket questions so that I don't have to print them. Also, I show a Prezi during open house to show parents procedures and what we'll learn for the school year.


Next year, I plan to teach family vocabulary. Students can create a presentation with pictures of family members and describing them in Spanish. Because this is stored online, students could easily access their projects at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment