Sunday, March 23, 2014

Thing 7: Digital Storytelling


http://youtu.be/74bK0vwPlLs

I tried to embed the video but Posts kept freezing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i5juoxhx6qumbos/03-23-2014%2011%3A55.mp4 The video works fine in the app but the timing is off once it is on YouTube or in DropBox.

I would uses video stories if I wanted to hear a conversation between students while an image story would be more helpful to assess an individual student.

Three ways I would use video stories are to record student skits, to make a teacher student interview less stressful, and to demonstrate a new vocabulary or grammar topic. Students enjoy making skits. If I have students record them in an app. They can listen to self assess. I can also listen to the skit several times to get an assessment information that I need. Recording an interview with a student using a. App like Sock Puppets would be less stressful because it would seem like a fun gam rather than an assessment. Like the skits, I can listen to the conversation several times if needed. Lastly, demonstrating a new topic through an app is more engaging than listening to the teacher. Students can listen to the recording and try to create the rules themselves.

Two ways I would use image stories are to hear how an individual student can give descriptions and to have students retell a story. Pictures are great ways to spark conversation and writing. I can give student images that go with our unit and have them record a description or story. Also, retelling a story is very helpful because I can tell if a student can understand the story and use the new language independently to tell the story in their own words.

No comments:

Post a Comment