Sunday, March 9, 2014

Thing 3: Staying Informed with USA Today


The USA Today app would be difficult to use in my classroom. The images is the biggest way I can use it. If a picture goes with vocabulary we are using, I can show it for the students to practice. If I taught in a general classroom, I would use this as a source of informational text to give the students some variety and real world connections. This would be a good app for students to choose articles on topics that interest them and use those article for reading and writing practice. This app could also tie into a social studies lesson. Use an article related to a place or event that is being studied. If I found a news app that focused on Latin America or South America, I could try and share current events with my older students.

For a student project, I would ask the students to find an image and import it into Explain Everything or Ask 3. They would record themselves discussing the picture in Spanish. This project could be really useful at an upper level class like Spanish 4 or AP.

No comments:

Post a Comment